- About Us
- Contact Us
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE
The B.com program offers a lot of scope and has a wide and wide field. The B.Com program offers the widest possible scope in the fields like:
- Chartered Accountancy
- Company Secretary
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Corporate Sector
- Actuarial Science(Related to Insurance) etc.
Commerce graduate can also join Management Programs with Finance Specialization where they will get a great boosts to the commerce knowledge and fantastic job offers after passing through. They can choose career in computer related courses offered by a various institutions for further expanding the fields and skills.
Eligibility for Admission to Bachelor of Commerce
- The applicant who has passed +2 examination from any recognized board/ university in India, with groups and subjects as detailed below, is eligible to apply B.Com-1 year course.
- +2 Commerce group with at least 40% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 Humanities group with commerce, Economics and Mathematics, having secured at least 45% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 Humanities group with at least two subjects out of Commerce,Economics and Mathematics having secured at least 50% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 Humanities/Science/Technical/Agriculture group with at least 55% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 any group other than Commerce group, including Medical and Home Science Group and not opted for Commerce/Economics/Mathematics as a subject, having secured at least 60% marks in the aggregate.
- Any other examination recognized by the Panjab University as equivalent to (a) with requisite group/subjects and percentage of marks.
A candidate seeking admission to the first year of B.Com should have passed in the subject of English at the +2 examination and in cases where passing in English is not necessary according to the regulations of Central Boards/Universities in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after she has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parent Board/University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his/her admission.
The merit for admission will be determined on the basis of the score of candidate to be computed as follows:
1. Percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
2. Add score of 4 for each of the subjects passed from the subjects referred below not exceeding 16 in total.
a) Commerce(or theory of commerce or foundation course in Commerce).
b) Accountancy(or Book Keeping and Accountancy).
d) Mathematics(or Statistics)
e) Business Organization (or Business Management or Theory and Practices of Management).
f) Insurance (or General Insurance of Life Insurance).
g) Banking and Trade.
h) Commercial Geography.
i) Office Management and Secretarial Practice or(Office Organization and Management).
j) Mercantile Law(or Company Law).
l) Type Writing and Stenography / Computers (for type writing).