Swachh Bharat Abhiyan@ GOBINDGARH PUBLIC
COLLEGE , ALOUR, KHANNA, LUDHIANA, PUNJAB
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a cleanliness campaign run by the Government of India and was launched by Honorable Prime Minister, Shri. Narendra Modi on 145th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi on 2nd October 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi. It aims to achieve Swachh Bharat by 2019, as a fitting tribute to the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Gobindgarh Public College, Alour (Khanna) has adopted nearby villages every year. In the last five years village namely Bhari(2012-13), Naraingarh(2013-14), Alour (2014-15), Ajnali (2015-16) & Dadheri (2016-17) were adopted. This year in 2017-18 Village Dadheri will be adopted.
‘Clean Campus, Green Campus’: To create awareness among all stakeholders for maintaining clean, green and beautiful surroundings.’
Our mission is to provide a clean, safe, productive and well maintained physical environment for college and Rural community. The mission has targeted aims like:
- To make everyone understand the importance of cleanliness and maintain it forever to continue a healthy and peaceful life.
- To bring behavioral changes among people regarding maintenance of personal hygiene and practice of healthy sanitation methods.
- To eliminate the open defecation in adopted village.
- To implement the proper hygienic waste management in best possible way.
- To strengthen the cleanliness systems in the college Campus and adopted village.
- To sensitize people about health education through awareness programmes.
- To produce manure using bio-wastes.
- To increase awareness of the effects of substance abuse.
- To organize Yoga/meditation sessions for holistic well being.
- To increase the awareness of importance of nutrition for a healthy life style.
NODAL OFFICER: PROF RAJESH KUMAR & his team